Monday, July 04, 2005

 

Fun Facts About Letseatpaste

I sleep on the floor without a mattress. On purpose. The one bed in my house is in the guest room.

When I was 5 years old, we took a trip to Florida and Marlin Perkins was on the plane. He was the host of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

When I was 2 years old, I jumped out of a shopping cart and landed on my head, fracturing my skull. I'm probably why they put seatbelts on those now.

When I was in high school I spent all my spare time riding a BMX bike, and being rad in general.

I used to play with Legos, a lot.

Once, in high school, I was walking under a stairwell/balcony thing and someone dumped out a bottle of cologne on me.

I once got two strikes in a row bowling backwards.

In 7th grade music class, the teacher challenged us to guess what song she was playing on the piano. She just kept playing one note over and over in a steady beat, and I guessed it correctly. The song was Eye of the Tiger. I knew it because I was playing that for piano lessons.

I once threw an aerobie (kind of like a frisbee, but it's a ring) about 200-250 feet and it landed ringing around an antenna of an RV out in the middle of a field, not on purpose.

Hackey sack is my favorite sport. I still have a hackey sack that was given to me for my birthday when I was in the sixth grade.

I can do the Pillsbury Doughboy laugh pretty well.

I never saw any Star Wars movie until long after they were popular. I probably didn't see the first one till after Return of the Jedi was out.

I own two accordions. It's always a good idea to have a spare.

When I was in the very dorkiest stage of my teenage years, with bad acne, bad thick glasses, bad hair and bad braces in full effect... On a family vacation, we stopped at a very busy Dairy Queen and I ordered a Blizzard with Nerds candy mixed into it. When it was ready, the DQ girl yelled "Nerd!", and I walked up to get it and everyone was laughing. My family was laughing the hardest.

When I was 3 years old, I tossed my favorite toy motorcycle into the alligator display pond at the zoo. My dad fished it out through the fence with a stick.

A couple years ago, I wrote a "fan letter" to Fabio telling him I thought he did a great job in the "I Can't Believe It's Butter" commercials. It was returned unopened and I sent it to my friend Jim who has long hair.

The minivan I own now is the second one I've owned in my life. I'm single, with no kids. And super cool.

Comments:
That was brilliant, but I fear that you just used up a years worth of material in one post. Each one or two of those was funny enough to expand into an entire post. I try to ration out the funny so I don't go out of business.

Several of those made me laugh pretty hard (at work, no less), so I may have to rip you off in the upcoming weeks, as soon as I finish up the "Toronto Octrilogy".

Octrilogy?
 
Thanks. You're probably right, I had thought about saving some of those, but then I think the post would have been too short. The whole idea was conceived and written in about twenty minutes, I probably should have given myself more time so I could afford to not include the one(s) worthy of a separate post.

Feel free to rip me off as much as you like, but only after you finish your Toronto miniseries. (I like to think of everything in television terms). I fully intend to rip you off by mentioning Tony Little as much as possible in my daily conversations. We should compile a book of quotes by him.
 
"The Tony Little Companion."
 
"A little TLC goes a long way."

The marketing campaign is practically planning itself.
 
Hey, don't think that you owning that first minivan wasn't appreciated. How do you think we would have gotten our equipment for our geek rock ban around northwest Arkansas?!?!?
 
I'm not ragging on my awesome vans. The only reason I mentioned it was that so people would be jealous, I was kind of showing off. And I'll never forget how much rock and roll that van enabled in college. I hold my head high when I'm rollin' in my Sweet Baby Blue.
 
Rock & Roll couldn't exist without vans.

I just blew my mind.
 
I think the minivan may eventually get it's own post on my blog. Now that would be rock and roll.
 
"Nerd!"

Sorry. I'm just jealous of your super-cool Mini Van.

Also, that was all hilarious.

P.S. - When are you moving to Oregon?
 
You got cologne dumped on you? Burke High sux (as witnessed by my GED).

THe CC
 
Hilarious. Very funny blog.
 
Chicks dig mini-vans. Think about it. When they grow up & get married & have kids & can have anything they want, what is it that they always end up getting?

That's right.

A boob job.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?