Saturday, April 09, 2005

 

I am a Liar - Corrections and Misprints

Some of you may remember this post. In it I claimed to have won third place for an essay contest and complained about having to go the awards ceremony. Well, it turns out that I was lying. I only got an honorable mention. Now I'm trying to figure out how my mom could have conned me into sitting through some awards ceremony for a mere honorable mention. This week while I was at my parents house, I found the trophy that I won for my brilliant essay.


And no, I'm not standing naked in the background, so don't bother looking in the reflection.

Comments:
I was totally looking, too. What is wrong with people?

Considering that it was an essay contest, and considering you finished 4th place at best, you gotta admit that's a pretty big trophy you won. The winner must've got the Stanley Cup, or at least something large enough to babtize a baby in.

I hope you're not too upset about this, but you really should confront your Mother about how she pulled this off. They can con you into anything when your younger.
 
What's funny is when I was looking at the trophy, she was laughing about the hassle of driving to the other side of town for this little awards ceremony. Every kid got clapped for individually as they were walking up, and then again after they got the award. It took sooo long. After a while, we were both trying to keep from laughing out loud every time there was clapping.

If you're curious, that's my rug, an old chest, and my couch in the reflection. I put it on timer and left the room just to be on the safe side. Not that I was naked.
 
You can actually see your reflection in the bottom "ring" of the trophy. It's faint, but there's someone there. If you really did leave the room, you may want to get the house exorcised.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?