Saturday, January 01, 2005

 

By the Hair of my Chinny Chin Chin


(This is not me pictured, I am pasty white.)

A few months ago, I had a goatee, but trimmed all but the part right below my lower lip. Some people call that a "soul patch." And I have to admit, it's true: I do have loads of soul, and it had nearly worn clear through my lower lip.

So a couple weeks ago as I was walking out of church, I stopped briefly to say hello to a lady at church who is very nice and well-meaning, but she often says things without really thinking them through. I think she also feels a little awkward around me because she is very extraverted and I am very introverted, which of course is something I need to fix. Anyway, she pointed at my soul patch and said, "Is that new? That's hilarious!"

If we wouldn't have been in church, I would have punched her right in the mouth.

Not really, but that would have been hilarious to tell her that.

Comments:
Heh-heh, she thought you were trying to be funny. Wait, actually that's a pretty hurtful comment now that you mention it.

I put a link to your site on my page, because I visit here frequently and have an enjoyable time. Give it a look-see when you get some free time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?